What you need:
- 500gr chickpeas
- 3 onions coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Bay leaf
- The previous evening place the chickpeas in plenty of water and allow them to soak and soften.
- The following morning, rinse them well, rubbing them gently to loosen their skins.
- Place them in a lidded clay casserole dish.
- Add the chopped onion, olive oil, the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pot with water. It is very important to enough, so that chickpeas are entirely covered by water.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook at low heat for approximately six hours.
- When ready, add some fresh lemon juice to the soup for extra flavour and serve.