Pork with pickled cabbage
What you need:
- 2 k of pickled cabbage
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 3 small spicy peppers (optionally), 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 ½ k pork, preferably shoulder bone cut in pieces,
- juice of two lemons,
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cabbage as for a salad but in thicker slices and we ry it from its water.
- Warm up the butter in a large casserole and add the cabbage and the tomato puree.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes until soft. In another sauce pan fry the meat with the oil and spicy peppers for few minutes.
- After its brown place it in the casserole together with the cabbage, pour the lemon juice and stir with a wooden ladle.
- Cover the casserole and let it boil for 1 1/2 hour on low fire.
- It is served in shallow plate and accompanied with red wine