What you need:
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of ouzo
- 1/4 teaspoon anise
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the oil, the sugar, and the eggs in a bowl and beat them until you get a light and fluffy mix.
- Then add ouzo, anise, lemon juice and zest and keep beating. Whisk the flour and baking powder together.
- Add them to the mix and knead until the dough doesn't cling to the bowl.
- Use small pieces of dough in order to create rings or braids.
- Place the cookies on a greased cooking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake for 30 minutes.