What you need:
- ½ kilo of flour
- 8 grams of dry yeast
- 1 teacup of tepid water
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Olive oil for frying
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- Dissolve the yeast in the teacup of water and add it slowly in the bowl. Stir well until you come up with a thick mixture (like porridge).
- Cover with a towel cloth and allow the dough to rest until blisters appear on the surface.
- Heat the oil well in a frying pan. Wet a spoon in water each time as you pick spoonfuls of dough and drop them carefully in the hot oil.
- Wait until loukoumades turn golden. Remove from the pan with a skimmer.
- Pour a generous amount of honey on loukoumades, dust with cinnamon, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.