It has a particularly interesting architecture, rich vegetation and running waters, while during the Venetian occupation it was the center of one of the administrative regions of the island. It is located 15 km NW of Chora.
- The square full of plane trees with its coffee houses and the small river crossing it
- Aghios Charalabos church and Aghios Petros Byzantine church
- The Venetian castle (1565) and the preliminary school built during the period of the English occupation in Kato Chora district
- Neraida (or Fonissa) gorge with its century old trees, the running waters and the small lake with the waterfall
- Aghia Sofia cave with the stalagmites and stalactites
- Panagia Orfani monastery (4 km NW) with remarkable templon
- The traditional coastal Limniona settlement (7 km W).