It is opposite to the port of Poros in the Peloponnese coasts, next to ancient Trizina and can be reached by ferries and water taxis. Here is the famous Lemonodasos or Lemon tree forest.
- The Lemon Tree Forest (Lemonodasos). With more than 30.000 lemon and orange trees, running waters and water mills, it extends on a small hill on the E side of Galatas. Its view is unique.
- The ruins of ancient Trzina, where the hero Thiseas was born. Here, you will have the opportunity to see parts of the town fortifications as well as ruins of ancient and medieval buildings. The archaeological findings of the area are exposed in the Archaeological Museum of Poros.
- The gorge in Diavologefyro (Devil’s bridge). Here, running waters and pine trees compose a beautiful scene.
- The monastery of Kecharitomeni Theotokos (Graceful Virgin Mary).
- The route from Galatas to Taktikoupoli.
- Swimming at the beach of Lemonodasos; at the calm and full of pine trees beach of Nisiza, at the endless sandy beach of Alyki and in peaceful Plaka.
- Spear fishing
- Enduro excursions on Aderes mountain above Galatas.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Municipality: 22980-22.211
- Health Center: 22980-22.222
- Police station: 22980-22.206
- Pharmacies: 22980-22.209, 23.473