Built on a hill, in the shape of an amphitheater and near the sea, Aliveri is an industrial town of Evia with rich lignite deposits. It was the center of rebellion in South Evia during the first part of the 1821 Revolution. Karavos is the seaport of Aliveri as well as the tourist area of the region. The industrial zone and the thermoelectric power plant of the Public Power Corporation are located NE of the village. Finally, Alivery is located 48.5 km SE of Chalkida.
- The small arched-roof church of Koimisi tis Theotokou (Panaghitsa), which dates back to 14th century, built on a rock in the center of Aliveri.
- The frescos of Aghios Nikolaos, in the precinct of the Cathedral of Aghios Georgios on top of the hill.
- The Mycenaean tomb discovered in the area of Katakalou.
- The red church of Aghios Dimitrios (in the same region), built with red stones and columns, where you can see early Byzantine frescos.
- The Neolithic settlement in Dystos.
- The ruins of Roman spas in Karavos.
- The scenic lush green village of Aghios Ioannis which is located 6km NW of Aliveri. On its west side flows the tributary of Pertheniatiko.
- Rizokastro in Milaki, located 5 km SE of Aliveri, one of the oldest fortresses dating back to the Frankish rule, with its water tanks, warehouses, barracks and a tower.
- The hydro-habitat of the lake of Dystos, after Milaki and Prasino. The habitat offers shelter to a great variety of aquatic birds. On a small hill next to the lake, you will have the opportunity to observe the seraglios, buildings dating back to the Ottoman rule.
- The islet of Kamila, in the southeastern part of the Aghioi Apostoloi bay (on the side of the Aegean Sea).
- Swimming at the beaches of Nireas, Karavos, Kalami, Pontikou and Kambos, all the beaches of Southern Evia bay as well as the magnificent beaches of coastal villages Aghioi Apostoloi and Petries (Limionas, Stomio, Cheromylos, Liani Ammos) on Aegean Sea.
- Three-day feast of Aghios Ioannis, from August 27th to 29th.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Municipality of Tamines: 22230-29.744
- Police station: 22230-22.100
- Health Center: 22230-22.222
- Local Port Authority: 22230-22.318
- Taxi: 22230-22.722