The Kireas river flows through the fertile valley with plane tree forest (the region reminds us of Tembi in Thessaly). The village of Prokopi, mainly known for the church of Aghios Ioannis Rossos that is very popular with pilgrims, is located in the valley. Prokopi is located 49.5 km to the north of Chalkida.
- The church of Aghios Ioannis Rossos. The shrine was brought here by refugees arriving from Cappadocia and nowadays it is kept in this monastery built in a lush green area. Lots of pilgrims visit the monastery every day, while on May 27th , there are celebrations for the Saint's Feast.
- The Baker Manor House
- The village of Dafnoussa (5 km W) and the nearby medieval tower.
- The magnificent route to Pili and Vlachia located 13 and 27 km to the east respectively.
- The gigantic old plane tree in the road to Mantoudi next to Kireas’s riverbank ("Paraskevorama”).
- The Frankish castle of Kleisoura (13th -15th century)
- Swimming at the beaches of Mantoudi
Useful Phone Numbers
- Municipality of Kireas: 22270-23.555
- Police station: 22270-41.203
- Local medical center: 22270-41.212