Sightseeing - Kithnos Chora(Mesaria)
A walk through the city will give you the chance to visit its main sights. Do not forget to visit:
- The War Monument, at the entrance of Chora.
- The church of Aghios Savas 17th century, with the remarkable wooden chancel.
- The church of Meamorfosi tou Sotira (or Transfiguration of Jesus), with the 17th century chancel, and the oldest church of the island Aghia Triada with the ancient part of sculptures that have inscriptions.
- The Byzantine Museum, at the post Byzantine church of Aghios Georgios.
- The monastery of Panagia Nikous. The basement of the monastery operated as a secret school.
- The wind farm located NE of Chora. It is the first wind farm that operated in Greece.