A walk around the city will bring you close to the main sights. Do not forget to visit:
- The port where the monument of Icarus (his wings) is situated. It is an artwork by the local artist Nikos Ikaris.
- The hill, with neoclassical building housing the police station and the port authority.
- The coastal road with traditional coffeehouses and restaurants.
- The Archaeological Collection with findings from various areas of the island, dating back from the Neolithic period till Roman years.
- Aghios Kirikos Metropolis and Aghios Nikolaos church which was built by the village sailors.
- Ikari rock (or Nikari) near the southern coasts. According to the tradition, this is the point where Ikaros lost his life.
- Aghios Dimitrios church in Katafigi (8 km NE). There is a hatch underneath the sanctum, which according to tradition was used by the island inhabitants to escape from pirates.