The Platipera monastery is located at one of the city entrances (on the way from the north). It was built in 1743 and destroyed in 1798, later on rebuilt in 1801 and in 1864 it was completed by annexing a castellated bell tower. It is dedicated to Panagia, Aghios Chrisanthos and Aghia Daria.
The monastery houses an interesting collection of post Byzantine icons made by remarkable painters such as G. Klontzas, Nik Koutouzis and Sp. Ventouras. It has a fine wood carved chancel which is covered with golden and silver layers.
The graves of first governor of the Greek state Ioannis Kapodistrias, as well as of some of Corfu bishops are in this monastery.