Its initial year of establishment is unknown. It was renovated during 18th century (1758-1773) by monk Paisios who reconstructed it on top of the ruins of the former monastery which was destroyed (how and when is unknown) and is dedicated to Aghios Georgios. It was a rich monastery with large wealth and great library. The catholic, which is of cross-in-square style with four columns and a dome, is the only part still preserved and operates as a parish church. Its frescos and the woodcut decoration date back to the years of renovation. It is 32 km away from Filiates.