June is the month when summer holidays kick off on all Greek Islands. The 6000 islands and islets dispersed throughout the deep blue waters of the Ionian and Aegean Sea put together an ideal summer destination for all. Let your holiday compass guide you to whitewashed sugar-cube houses, narrow cobbled-stone alleys, mesmerizing beaches, flavourful cuisine and upbeat nightlife in the Aegean Sea... Then again, travel to the Ionian Sea, where nature’s green blends harmonically with the turquoise waters, the lacy seashores and their cosmopolitan towns with Venetian traits.
Confront your dilemmas by taking into account Visit Greece’s suggestions!
This month we invite you to:
- get acquainted with ‘Eptanisa’ by sailing around the Ionian Sea.
- visit Kefalonia, the biggest Ionian Island with its beautiful towns and renown beaches.
- enjoy upbeat nightlife on the gorgeous Cyclades Islands, such as Mykonos, Paros and Ios, famous for their great ambience.
- savour the traditional cuisine of the Aegean Islands and discover unique local products.
- read all about International Documentaries that highlight Ancient Greek Civilisation that will be shot in Greece this summer.
- watch Visit Greece’s ‘Lesvos Island’ video.
- enjoy the ‘17th European Music Day’ event as well as the ‘5th Kitesurf Festival’.
- take a look at Visit Greece’s Pinterest Board ‘Ionian VS Aegean Sea’.
'Click on Image to read the news'