It is located on the highest point of Evia, on mount Dirfi, built on an impressive gorge with running waters and many platans. It is a quiet and traditional village, base of the municipality of Dirfion, full of famous taverns. The region of Stena Dirfis is located 31.5 km NE of Chalkida.
- The church of Koimisis tis Theotokou or the church of the Assumption.
- Pirgo or Tower (4 km S), a settlement whose inhabitants abandoned it to go and live in Steni. Visit the old churches and the Venetian tower.
- The Byzantine churches (cross-roofed) of Metamorfosi (Transfiguration) and the Aghioi Apostoloi (Holy Apostles), in a traditional village called Vouni.
- Dirfis, the highest mountain of Evia (peak at 1,743 m.)
- The village of Kato Steni and the church of Aghia Triada (Holy Trinity).
- the gorge of Agali
- Hiking in marked paths leading to the sources/springs of Steni (Giatros, Daskalos, Davelis, Aghios Stefanos).
- Mountaineering: There is a mountain cottage called “Michalis Nikolaou” in Leiri (at an altitude of 1,120 m.).
- 4x4 routes.
- Swimming in the famous and magnificent beach of Chiliadou.
- Fair organized in honor of Virgin Mary
Useful Phone Numbers
- Municipality of Dirfi: 22280-51.220
- Police station: 22280-51.218
- Local medical center: 22280-51.219