Remarkable museums can be found in Syros, the most important ones being:
- The Pancycladic Archaeological Museum, housed in the town hall of Ermoupoli. Its major collection comprises inscriptions gathered in 1834 by Ioannis Kokkonis. Later, Prehistoric findings of Chalandriani archaeological site were added to the collection.
- The Art Gallery of the Cyclades, with permanent collections and periodical exhibitions.
- The Industrial Museum in Ermoupoli has an old machinery collection originating from the factories of this town as well as an archive of oral testimonies.
- The Museum of Cycladic Art, housed in the Municipal cultural Center, next to the town hall exhibits replicas of works exhibited in the Goulandris Cycladic Art Museum.
- In the Cemetery of Aghios Georgios, essentially an open-air museum, you can observe headstones and works of Greek and foreign artists.
- The Museum of the Ano Syros Municipality houses a collection of instruments and household accesories.
- The Markos Vamvakaris Museum, housed in the residence of the great rebetiko composer of Syros, renovated in 1995. The Museum's collection comprises personal items and testimonies concerning the life of the composer.
- The Ecclesiastical Museum of Ermoupolis is housed in the church of Metamorfosi.